Hello! My name is Chun Rong (or C.R for short) and I’m a self-taught food stylist and photographer based in the sunny island of Singapore.
Growing up, the art of cooking always fascinated me as I observed my aunt prepare hearty meals after school. Thanks to her guidance and many hours of watching cooking shows, I mastered the fundamentals to develop my culinary skills.
It was through these means that my passion for food grew from a hobby to an aspiration. Losing my mother to cancer at the age of 17 taught me the fragility of life, and served as a reminder to pursue my dreams.
With that, I decided to withdraw from university in 2014 and start this very blog to document my kitchen adventures, in the hopes of inspiring others to embrace home cooking. After all, nothing warms the heart more than seeing your loved ones enjoy the food you’ve prepared!
My cooking style draws inspiration from various cultures and cuisines, incorporating both classic and contemporary techniques to create comforting soul food. As for recipe development, I aim to keep it simple and true to the heart, so that it’s easily replicable at home.
Photography & Styling:
Shortly after starting my blog, I began my foray into photography and food styling. For my personal craft, I like to combine natural elements with rustic aesthetics to accentuate the raw beauty of my subjects. Nevertheless, I constantly work to push my boundaries, experimenting with various styles and techniques to gain flexibility as a photographer.
My services include photography, food styling, food aesthetics, props styling, editorials, recipe development, private dining, table settings and workshops.
- Singapore Blog Awards - Finalists for best cooking blog & best new blog 2015
- Singapore Newspaper - Sunday Times Newspaper - 07/2015 - half page article on how I started home-cooking.
- Singapore Food Magazine - The Food Journal - Top 50 food journalist in Singapore
- Instagram - Suggested User list - 08/2015
- CNN Travel - Top Chefs of Instagram (Asia) - 11/2015
- Guest Speaker at TBWA Friday Talk - 02/2016
- Nominated for Best Male Digital Influencer - Buro 24/7 Sg - 06/2016
- Canon Asia Featured Photographer - 07/2016
- WithEating 食帖 - Featured Interview - Issue No. 10: Breakfast, indeed, is so precious!
- This Is Glamorous - List of 31 Best Food Accounts to follow on Instagram - 09/2016
- SAVEUR - Best 20 Food Instagrams of 2016.
- NUYOU Magazine - 2 page spread - 04/2017
- Singapore Newspaper - Straits Times Newspaper - Health Section - Fight the flab - 07/2017
- National Technological University - WKW Engage 2017 - Exhibitor - 08/2017
- Singapore Newspaper - Zao Bao Newspaper - zbNow Section - Food Styling for the Lens - 09/2017
- Singapore Newspaper - Straits Times Newspaper - Lights! Camera! Food! More taking up food styling as a career - 10/2017
- SAVEUR Blog Awards 2017 - Winner for Best Food Instagram Editor's Choice - 10/2017
- Food and Wine - 40 Food Instagram Accounts You Should Be Following Right Now -02/2018
- Female Magazine - 1 Page Spread - Chun Tsubaki Studio - 07/2018